Monday, May 4, 2009

The Future of this Blog

Well, I've been thinking about this blog, and blogging in general. It seems as though most of the blogs I've been following have fallen by the wayside, since I haven't seen any posts from them in my RSS reader in many months. I think this may be the fate of almost all blogs that have not "broken out" and established a sizable readership. It's tough to stay motivated when you feel like no one's reading.

I really don't want that to happen to this blog, since I feel like I have a compelling voice among the automotive world, at least when I have something legitimate to say. But I've clearly been lazy about its upkeep, especially since this mouthpiece is dedicated not to regularly occurring current events within the industry (we've got Autoblog, Jalopnik, Edmunds, etc, etc, for that), but to randomly occurring flights of fancy in which something interesting pops into my head. I've gotten positive feedback in the past, particularly for my little primers on how the industry works for the layman. But there's only so much that I have to say without prompting.

With this in mind, I'd like to solicit some feedback from my readers, whether or not they number in the double digits. Please post something in the comments section about what you'd like to see more of, or maybe just register your fandom of this blog to give me some encouragement to keep on keepin' on.

I've also started participating in Google's AdSense program, which surely you'll notice in the form of the ads now scattered all over the blog. It's ugly and intrusive, but I figure maybe if I can track my success in monetary terms, I'll be motivated to post a little more often. Nothing like a kick in the ass from the almighty dollar.

Thanks, and I'll see y'all at the next post.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Sell Out!!!

Well, I do like reading your blog, so I hope it continues. As for what to post, hmmm, well, I don't have any current topics, but, I'll let you know if I do :)

Anonymous said...

I wouldn't mind a section on how to tune the factory radio of an old MG.

Seriously though, a few articles on where you see the industry heading would interest me.

Adam said...

Keep on keepin' on, bro. This is the only way I'll ever read anything about cars ;)

Happy B-Day too!