Thursday, January 4, 2007

My First Post - Giugiaro Mustang


I saw this concept several weeks ago, and since then I'd been searching for a full-size image to use as my wallpaper. After pulling an all-nighter studying how to spell Giugiaro, I finally found one (thanks ultimatecarpage.com, you rock). I'm clearly not the first one to say it, but this car is gorgeous. It also answers the age-old question, "How the hell do you redesign a retro classic?"

VW was faced with this dilemma, and they copped out, adding a few circles to the lights. MINI took the same route, creating a car that inspired the headline "Same Difference" in Motor Trend. Hey, the Cooper's a great looking car already, but if you're just gonna stretch the headlights a bit, why even touch it at all?

It apparently takes a designer with such bravado and conceit as Fabrizio Giugiaro to think he can improve on a car as hot as the '05 Mustang...and he's right. It's a fully American creation, but with the taste of Italy. It's just like pizza...and every damn bit as tasty.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I saw this hotwheels car a Toys (backward R) Us. I like it!