Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Unfortunate Body Double?

Okay, I'm sure this'll seem like a huuuuuuge stretch to most of the people that read this, but it's just something that came to mind, and being true to the intent of this blog, I felt I had to post. I was just looking at pictures of the new Lincoln MKZ that's coming out for 2010. I actually was on a drive event with this car (and it's Fusion and Milan brethren) not too long ago, and it's a fantastic entry in this Lexus ES-dominated segment. 


One thing that gave me pause, though, was the trim around the headlights. It gave me a visceral reaction, brought on by the memory of what I consider to be one of the most hideous design atrocities ever committed. I speak of course of the Saab 9-5 redesign for 2006. 


Okay, so the chrome trim rings around the MKZ's eyes don't ruin it's look nearly as much as it does for the Saab, and I really like Lincoln's new styling direction, and I'm glad it's being proliferated across the lineup, but the 9-5 has instilled in me a belief that chrome headlight surrounds are just dorky. Can anyone possibly agree with me?

No comments: